WANT TO JOIN THE CREW?
We love hearing from people with potential.
So get in touch and tell us what you've got - we may even invite you for a cuppa!
WORK FOR US
Want to join our family and work for a Fire Company with a difference?
Then send us your CV or check out the latest vacancies below.
WORK WITH US
Partnerships are what we do best.
If you want to become one of our approved partners or subcontractors, then get in touch for a chat.
Fire and Security Engineer
Field based - UK Wide
£26,000 - £33,500 plus overtime and door to door travel
Company vehicle, phone, tablet & engineer-specific benefits
We are recruiting for an experienced Fire and Security engineer with a bias towards fire to join our team.
The role will be field based throughout the UK, so the successful candidate will need to be willing to undertake occasional travel and some working away for which expenses and accommodation will be paid. Our Head Office is in Nottingham, so periodic attendance will be required.
This is an exciting and varied role for a new, unique and vibrant company who place a commitment to their engineer's happiness and well-being. The role will be made up of a mixture of servicing, remedial and installation work. Any required training will be provided for the right person.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- A positive attitude and commitment to excellence
- Proven experience within the industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of a variety of fire systems and manufacturers
- Full driving licence
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK with periods of time away from home
It would be an advantage to have the following:
- Knowledge of security systems
- Knowledge and experience of emergency lighting and portable fire extinguisher maintenance
- FIA Modules in Fire Detection and Portable Fire Extinguishers
- IPAF, PASMA, Asbestos Awareness and Working at Height certifications
Key job responsibilities:
- Servicing and maintaining various fire detection systems, emergency lighting and portable fire extinguishers
- Servicing and maintaining various intruder, CCTV and access control systems.
- Working on large and small installation projects across all fire and security disciplines
- Understanding the requirements of the customer, communicating clearly and reacting efficiently.
- Providing customers with training and demonstrations on systems and educating on the causes and implications of false alarms.
- Taking responsibility for health and safety and adhering to relevant British Standards
- Working proactively and efficiently on your own or as part of a team.
- Maintaining Tay Fire and Security’s commitment to excellence in customer service and workmanship and translating this into your role.
- Providing on call telephone support and attendance of out of hours call outs as per the company standby schedule.
- Any other reasonable requests from management.
To apply, send your CV along with a summary paragraph telling us some exciting stuff about you to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tay Fire & Security Ltd. Tel: 0115 882 0 884 Email: email@example.com